I am a small business owner in Georgia that recently experienced a loss due to employee theft. What can I do to recover my losses?

If the employee, ex employee I presume, is being criminally prosecuted, contact the assistant district attorney or solicitor handling the criminal case and notify them in writing of the amount of your loss and that you want restitution as part of the sentence of the court. You should also review your business insurance policies and determine if there is coverage for employee dishonesty claims. You can also pursue your claims against the ex employee by filing a civil case. Please contact Rumsey & Ramsey at (770) 394-9400 to discuss the facts of your case with a lawyer.