I live in Georgia and receive child support from my ex-spouse. How do I get my child support increased?

You will need to have your divorce decree modified. To accomplish this, you will have to file a petition for modification of child support with the court. In order to prevail, you will have to show the court that your financial situation has worsened, your ex-spouse’s financial situation has improved, or the needs of your children have increased since the last child support order was entered. Please contact Rumsey & Ramsey at (770) 394-9400 to discuss the facts of your case with a lawyer.